In recent years, repair raspberry varieties have become widespread. They attract unpretentiousness, compact bushes and great taste. Description of the raspberry variety Firebird, photos and reviews indicate its excellent species characteristics and popularity among gardeners.
Raspberry Firebird during the season forms the stems and gives a wonderful harvest of large bright berries that form lush plumage on spreading bushes and attract with their beauty and aroma.
Increasingly, in our gardens remontant raspberry appears. At preservation of useful properties of usual grades it possesses also new, attractive qualities:
- resistance to common pathologies;
- the ability to bear fruit twice a season;
- more adaptable to weather conditions.
One of the most popular today is the variety of raspberry repair Firebird.
Due to the small spreading, raspberry bushes varieties Firebird does not take up much space. They are formed from annual shoots that grow to almost 2 m per season. Therefore, it is recommended to tie raspberries to a support. Due to the ability to intensive formation of shoots, each raspberry bush Firebird forms up to several stems. The shoots to the middle are covered with soft and thin spikes and green leaves with slight pubescence and notched border.
Fruit shoots have a small wax coating and actively branch up to 2-3 branches. Variety stands out resistance to the most common diseases or pests.
Raspberry Firebird perfectly feels in the climatic features of the middle zone, therefore it is highly valued by gardeners of the Central region. With proper care, it grows well in the southern regions. Other qualities of remontant culture are also attractive:
- Shoots are characterized by a significant area of fruiting - it takes more than half the length of the stem;
- bright conical fruits have a dense structure and size, their weight reaches 4.5-6 g;
- fruits have a glossy surface and juicy flesh, they are suitable for use in fresh, frozen, and after processing;
- This kind of sweeter taste differs from other remontant varieties - the sugar content of berries on average is more than 5.5%, the content of ascorbic acid is more than 40%;
- yield from one bush can exceed 2 kg, more than 13-14 tons are produced per 1 ha;
- after ripening, the berries do not fall off the bushes for a long time and are not damaged during transportation.
In the description of the raspberry Firebird, some shortcomings are indicated, the main one being late maturation - the end of the summer season. In cold regions, where frosts start early, a loss of up to 30% of the crop is possible due to this. Too hot and dry summer has an adverse effect - the result can be the grinding of berries, their shedding, loss of yield. However, with intensive irrigation or organization of drip irrigation, soil mulching, raspberry crops Firebird can be even higher than that of ordinary varieties.
Growing raspberry remontant varieties Firebird is characterized by certain features that should be considered to obtain high returns.
Site selection for planting
Terms of planting raspberries Firebird depend on local climatic conditions:
- in southern areas, autumn plantings are preferable;
- in colder regions, raspberry bushes will take root in spring better, but they should be planted only after the end of night frosts.
Land for planting bushes is selected based on some parameters:
- it must be protected from the winds;
- sufficient lighting of bushes is important;
- raspberry Firebird loves fertile soils rich in organic compounds;
- groundwater should not rise above 1.5 m;
- with increased acidity of the soil it is lime when digging;
- the area allocated for raspberries, you need to carefully clean the weeds, especially to remove the rhizomes;
- in case of spring planting of raspberry, the Firebird should be prepared in the fall — add organic and mineral fertilizers to the wells and sprinkle with earth.
Repair raspberry Firebird can be planted in different ways:
- in the bush method between seedlings, a gap of up to 1.5 m is left, and the row spacing must be at least 2.5 m;
- if planting is carried out by trenching, then between the bushes leave about 0.5 m with the expectation that each seedling will give 5-6 shoots;
- To avoid shading the bushes, you need to arrange the rows of raspberries from north to south.
Before planting, raspberry seedlings Firebird is stored in a cool place at a temperature of 0 to +2 degrees so that the shoots do not begin to germinate. When transporting them, the roots are kept in a clay mash to avoid their drying. Half an hour before planting, the roots of seedlings are placed in water so that they are sufficiently saturated with water. When planting, the depth of the seedlings is made to the root collar.
Immediately after landing the raspberry Firebird is necessary to carry out the following work:
- trimming the aerial parts to 30 cm;
- watering seedlings - the rate for each bush half-bucket;
- mulching the soil around raspberry seedlings - you can use peat, straw, compost as a mulch, its layer must be at least 10 cm.
During the autumn works, the mulch is dug up and put into beds, becoming an additional dressing for seedlings.Important! Mulch in the early years is of particular value in stimulating the yield of raspberries.
Mandatory annual pruning raspberry varieties Firebird - in the fall of two-year shoots mow, leaving no hemp. Therefore, there is no need to cover raspberry bushes for the winter. Spring pruning removes diseased or damaged branches, weak shoots. If the tops of the shoots are frozen, then they need to be cut to healthy buds. The fruits of raspberry will be larger if you make an easy pruning of the tips of the shoots. In cold regions, it is possible to speed up the time of ripening of the raspberry variety Firebird with the help of spring shelter of the soil around its seedlings. With this technique, you can get a harvest of fragrant berries in July.
Annual raspberry shoots in the fall, before the onset of frost, bend to the ground, and the fallen snow cover will reliably keep them until spring.
High shoots of raspberry Firebird strongly curl and intertwine, making it difficult to care for them, so they definitely need support. It is desirable that it was high enough - shoots should not exceed the height of the support by more than 20 cm. Otherwise they will break under gusts of wind. Between the supports draw 2-3 rows of wire with an interval of 15-20 cm, to which the raspberry shoots are tied up. The bottom row is set at a height of about half a meter from the surface of the earth.
In early spring during the thawing of snow, the raspberry remontant Firebird needs to be fertilized with nitrogen compounds, for example, urea. Nitrogen will give the plant the opportunity for rapid growth and development. Further, during the formation of the ovaries, the top dressing of the bushes is carried out with mineral salts.
The raspberry variety Firebird has a lot of positive feedback, thanks to its best qualities.Kalinkina Maria, 47 years old, Bryansk region Several years ago she planted several raspberry seedlings Firebird and was fascinated by the skill of breeders and the wonderful qualities of this variety. Since then, she left only the Firebird variety bushes in the garden, removing all the rest. Popova Klara, 54 years old, Oryol Oblast Raspberry Remontant variety Firebird does not require complicated care, is not afraid of pests. If during the spring pruning leave 3-5 shoots, it gives a wonderful harvest. Berries - juicy and sweet. Very satisfied. Mikhail Savrasov, 73 years old, Tomsk. Among the remontant varieties, it is raspberry. The Firebird is distinguished by a special taste. I have been growing this variety for 5 years and can’t get enough of it. In the fall, the sprouting shoots mow under the root. Such pruning removes the problem of pests or severe frosts. And the root system is powerful and not afraid of frost. Kiryang frost, 68, Kursk In the spring of last year, he planted the first seedlings of raspberry Firebird and got an excellent harvest - the berries are large, bright red, sweet. Attracts and its repair. Excellent grade.
Repairman raspberry Firebird with competent agricultural technology will be a great decoration of the garden, delighting with high yields of juicy, fragrant berries